The Leadership coach Tanya Geisler rightly said that people should not confuse getting noticed with being seen but what is the difference?
I think this is best demonstrated on Social Media where many companies choose to be seen rather than be noticed:
When you are noticed:
- People react to your posts naturally
- You get higher volume of views
- Others want to connect and work with you
- People mention your posts in conversations
When you are seen:
- You get little feedback
- Your posts are ignored
- You get no tangible value from your content
It is worth remembering that posting daily does not get you noticed unless you choose your material wisely and invest the time in making it authentic to your Brand.
Now this sounds like a lot of marketing speech, so how do you go about doing this successfully?
Create a content strategy: As always, a strategy should be your starting point here. Consider the following factors:
- Who are you targeting?
- What products/services/skills/ knowledge do you want to share?
- Have you got any specific solutions that you want to promote?
Consider the key phrases and terms which will interest your target markets. There are a number of free tools like Semrush and Answer the Public that can help you understand what people are searching for which means you are more likely to get noticed. It is important to remember to consider the google suggested searches as part of the mix too.
Set up a theme and posting type structure: Having a weekly structure makes creating the posts easier as you know what you are looking for. Consider your strategy and decide what types of posts you want to share and in what order. Here are a few examples of types of posts you can consider here:
- Your own Blogs/ articles
- Interesting articles from others
Use the above information to write a monthly content plan. This is important for a number of reasons:
- It makes creating the posts much easier
- It will allow you to create and use themes
- Your posts will be more meaningful and interesting
- You can delegate the post creation or outsource it
We hope you have found this useful. Should you want more, we have created a small series of targeted eBooks, designed to help you put together a successful sales process from lead generation to conversion. Click here to download them from our website.