A few month ago, Marc Woodland, e-mail marketing guru, and I, who deal with all things business development, had a conversation about how we can become more useful to our clients by combining our marketing and business development skills. After some deliberations we came up with the following concept;
- Lots of businesses send monthly e-mails to their clients and contacts
- Lots of businesses utilise their precious resources to making cold calls to their databases
- Better results can be achieved by combining both strategies
So, we thought to ourselves, why not combine our skills to create a focused e-mail campaign which is then followed up by telephone? Ground breaking is it not?
Our brain child, apply named the Collision, consists of the following steps:
- Identify your target markets and decide on which you would like to focus on
- Identify a specific area in which you can be very useful to this segment
- Create a suitable strategy, content and design for a targeted e-mail campaign
- Send your campaign to your identified segment
- Analyse the campaign data and identify the recipients who were most engaged with your message
- Pick up the telephone to them to see what they thought of your helpful advice and whether they would like to engage with you further
So if we have ignited your interest so far why not consider the following questions:
- Do you currently add real value to your clients and contacts through your e-mail communications?
- When is the last time you followed up on your e-mail marketing campaigns?
- Are your e-mail marketing/ cold calling strategies working for you at the moment?
- Do you know who your target markets are and what are they interested in?
As we practice what we preach, our monthly Blogs will aim to cover these questions and offer some helpful solutions so watch this space.
In the meanwhile we would love your feedback on The Collision so please get in touch and let us know your thoughts (by the way that counts as being helpful so you can tick off your goal for this month).